This Week in ETFs: From February 19-23
Quality Factor Shines Amidst AI Boom + Top 10 BMO ETFs for RRSPs in 2024Feb. 21, 2024
NEW: BMO’s Top 10 ETFs to Consider for RRSPs in 2024 | Read
ETF FOCUS OF THE WEEK
- Quality Poised to Shine. Associate Portfolio Manager Mirza Ali Shakir reflects on the key features that helped Quality outperform the broader benchmarks in 2023 and why the factor continues to be positioned for long-term success amid the AI boom. Read
READ OUR BEST TRADE IDEAS
- Stay Invested with Buffer ETFs. Explore a cutting-edge strategy to mitigate equity risk. Read
- Looking for Income and Growth? Omanand Karmalkar shares a one-stop strategy. Read
- A Place to Park Cash: Five alternative destinations for liquid assets. Read
YEAR-END TAX BREAKDOWN
- 2024 Wealth Planning: A quick reference guide for retirement planning facts and figures. Read
- BMO ETF 2024 Industry Outlook: Structured Outcome ETFs expected to drive continued growth as investors seek innovative solutions. Read the Report
- BMO ETFs Virtual Forum 2024 Replay: BMO ETFs gathers together experts and partners from world stock indexes to share their rapid-fire perspectives and insights for the year ahead. CE Credits available. Login to Watch Now
KNOW YOUR PRODUCT
- Announcement: See the list of cash distributions for certain BMO ETFs and ETF Series of BMO mutual funds for February 2024. Read
- Largest and Most Liquid ETFs: View our quick reference guide to Canada’s largest by AUM and most traded ETFs. Read
- Summaries: Your monthly update on the BMO Laddered Preferred Share Index ETF (ZPR) and BMO US Preferred Share Index ETF (ZUP).
- BMO Fixed Income ETFs Snapshot: An enriched data set, including tax equivalent yield. Read
LISTEN TO YOUR PORTFOLIO MANAGERS
All logos and trademarks of other companies are the property of those respective companies.
FOR FINANCIAL ADVISOR USE ONLY.
Any statement that necessarily depends on future events may be a forward-looking statement. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Although such statements are based on assumptions that are believed to be reasonable, there can be no assurance that actual results will not differ materially from expectations. Investors are cautioned not to rely unduly on any forward-looking statements. In connection with any forward-looking statements, investors should carefully consider the areas of risk described in the most recent simplified prospectus.
This communication is for information purposes. The information contained herein is not, and should not be construed as, investment advice to any party. Investments should be evaluated relative to the individual’s investment objectives and professional advice should be obtained with respect to any circumstance.
The viewpoints expressed by the Portfolio Manager represents their assessment of the markets at the time of publication. Those views are subject to change without notice at any time without any kind of notice. The information provided herein does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy, or an offer to sell securities nor should the information be relied upon as investment advice. This communication is intended for informational purposes only.
The payment of distributions is not guaranteed and may fluctuate. The payment of distributions should not be confused with an Exchange Traded Fund’s performance, rate of return or yield. If distributions paid by the Exchange Traded Fund are greater than the performance of the Exchange Traded Fund, your original investment will shrink. Distributions paid as a result of capital gains realized by an Exchange Traded Fund, and income and dividends earned by an Exchange Traded Fund are taxable in your hands in the year they are paid. Your adjusted cost base will be reduced by the amount of any returns of capital. If your adjusted cost base goes below zero, you will have to pay capital gains tax on the amount below zero. Please refer to the Exchange Traded Funds, distribution policy in the prospectus.
Commissions, trailing commissions (if applicable), management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the fund facts or prospectus of the relevant mutual fund before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Distributions are not guaranteed and are subject to change and/or elimination. For a summary of the risks of an investment in BMO Mutual Funds, please see the specific risks set out in the prospectus.
BMO Mutual Funds are managed by BMO Investments Inc., which is an investment fund manager and a separate legal entity from Bank of Montreal.
BMO Global Asset Management is a brand name under which BMO Asset Management Inc. and BMO Investments Inc. operate.
®/™ Registered trademarks/trademark of Bank of Montreal, used under licence.