This Week in ETFs:
Sep. 19, 2022
from September 19 to 23
Good afternoon! If you enjoy these emails, please remember to bookmark www.bmoetfs.ca for one-click access to the New Canadian ETF Dashboard.
ETF FOCUS OF THE WEEK
- Earn More from Canadian Banks’ Debt: In shifting market conditions, investors need fixed-income allocations that meet their needs. The BMO Canadian Bank Income Index ETF (ticker: ZBI) invests in non-traditional securities while remaining anchored with traditional Canadian bank fixed income. Read
- Podcast – Decoding Q3 Canadian Bank Earnings: Sohrab Movahedi, Chris Heakes and Daniel Stanley dive into third quarter results from Canada’s “Big Six,” discussing recent stock performance, bank yields, the benefits of liquidity, and the impact of falling housing prices. Listen
READ OUR BEST TRADE IDEAS
- 5 ETFs to Lower Volatility: Help investors protect their capital — and stay invested. Read
- Lottery Tickets and Low Volatility: How to exploit the “lottery ticket” bias in behavioral investing. Read
- Tax Loss Selling on Banks: Offset gains in other parts of a portfolio. Read
- Get Paid to Wait: Explore BMO Covered Call ETFs yielding >6%. Read
- Markets Take a Tumble. Alfred Lee, Matt Montemurro Listen | Read
- Tough Talk from the Bank of Canada Chris Heakes, Chris McHaney Listen | Read
JOIN US IN-PERSON - FIND OUT MORE
Reconnecting: Institutional Ideas on the Recession or Rebound
Join leading financial experts from five Canadian Banks as they provide Institutional ideas for a recession or recovery. In a two-hour in-person event, Advisors will get trade ideas for fixed income and equities and face-to-face networking opportunities.
Dates and times:
- Burlington, ON — Wednesday, September 28 @ 12 PM ET
- Vancouver, BC — Tuesday, October 4 @ 1 PM PT
- Montreal, QC — Wednesday, October 12 @ 12 PM ET
- Richmond Hill, ON — Thursday, October 13 @ 12 PM ET
Register now (space is limited) CE eligibility pending
PODCASTS ALERT: Q3 Portfolio Strategy Episode
Alfred Lee and Erika Toth discuss the latest quarterly Portfolio Strategy and Fixed Income Strategy Reports, including current views on inflation’s trajectory, portfolio construction across various asset classes, real yields, structural supply issues, and strategies for protecting against falling equities. Listen Now
FOR FINANCIAL ADVISOR USE ONLY.
Any statement that necessarily depends on future events may be a forward-looking statement. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Although such statements are based on assumptions that are believed to be reasonable, there can be no assurance that actual results will not differ materially from expectations. Investors are cautioned not to rely unduly on any forward-looking statements. In connection with any forward-looking statements, investors should carefully consider the areas of risk described in the most recent simplified prospectus.
The reports on this website are for information purposes. The information contained herein is not, and should not be construed as, investment, tax or legal advice to any party. Investments should be evaluated relative to the individual’s investment objectives and professional advice should be obtained with respect to any circumstance.
BMO Mutual Funds refers to certain mutual funds and/or series of mutual funds offered by BMO Investments Inc., a financial services firm and separate legal entity from Bank of Montreal. BMO ETFs are managed and administered by BMO Asset Management Inc., an investment fund manager and portfolio manager and separate legal entity from Bank of Montreal. Commissions, management fees and expenses may be associated with investments in mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs). Trailing commissions may be associated with investments in mutual funds. Please read the fund facts or prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all dividends or distributions and do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any unitholder that would have reduced returns. Mutual funds and ETFs are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
For a summary of the risks of an investment in the BMO Mutual Funds, please see the specific risks set out in the prospectus. ETF Series of the BMO Mutual Funds trade like stocks, fluctuate in market value and may trade at a discount to their net asset value, which may increase the risk of loss. Distributions are not guaranteed and are subject to change and/or elimination.
BMO ETFs are managed by BMO Asset Management Inc., which is an investment fund manager and a portfolio manager, and a separate legal entity from Bank of Montreal.
BMO Financial Group provides this for informational purposes only. The information herein reflects information available at the date hereof and may change without notice.
BMO Global Asset Management is a brand name that comprises BMO Asset Management Inc., BMO Investments Inc., BMO Asset Management Corp., BMO Asset Management Limited and BMO’s specialized investment management firms.
®/TM Registered trade-marks/trade-mark of Bank of Montreal, used under licence.