This Week in ETFs: From May 22 to 26
The Great Gold Rush: Will the Record Run Continue?May 24, 2023
- Why Gold May Shine Even Brighter. A weakening greenback created an early tailwind for gold and gold equities to start the year. As the USD has dropped, spot gold has climbed more than 10%, testing at record levels. Portfolio Manager Alfred Lee shares five reasons gold could continue its run. Read the Strategy
READ OUR BEST TRADE IDEAS
- A Place to Park Cash: Five alternative destinations for liquid assets. Read
- 3 Ways to Invest in Tech: Core, covered calls and Cathie Wood’s ARK Funds. Read
- Monthly Covered Calls Report: Navigate the volatility landscape. Read
- Product Insights: Dividend investing and covered calls with BMO ETFs. Read
KNOW YOUR PRODUCT
- Largest and Most Liquid ETFs: View our quick reference guide to Canada’s largest by AUM and most traded ETFs. Read
- Announcement: See the list of cash distributions for certain BMO ETFs and ETF Series of BMO mutual funds for May 2023. Read
LISTEN TO YOUR PORTFOLIO MANAGERS
FOR FINANCIAL ADVISOR USE ONLY.
Any statement that necessarily depends on future events may be a forward-looking statement. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Although such statements are based on assumptions that are believed to be reasonable, there can be no assurance that actual results will not differ materially from expectations. Investors are cautioned not to rely unduly on any forward-looking statements. In connection with any forward-looking statements, investors should carefully consider the areas of risk described in the most recent simplified prospectus.
This communication is for information purposes. The information contained herein is not, and should not be construed as, investment advice to any party. Investments should be evaluated relative to the individual’s investment objectives and professional advice should be obtained with respect to any circumstance.
The viewpoints expressed by the Portfolio Manager represents their assessment of the markets at the time of publication. Those views are subject to change without notice at any time without any kind of notice. The information provided herein does not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy, or an offer to sell securities nor should the information be relied upon as investment advice. This communication is intended for informational purposes only.
The payment of distributions is not guaranteed and may fluctuate. The payment of distributions should not be confused with an Exchange Traded Fund’s performance, rate of return or yield. If distributions paid by the Exchange Traded Fund are greater than the performance of the Exchange Traded Fund, your original investment will shrink. Distributions paid as a result of capital gains realized by an Exchange Traded Fund, and income and dividends earned by an Exchange Traded Fund are taxable in your hands in the year they are paid. Your adjusted cost base will be reduced by the amount of any returns of capital. If your adjusted cost base goes below zero, you will have to pay capital gains tax on the amount below zero. Please refer to the Exchange Traded Funds, distribution policy in the prospectus.
Commissions, trailing commissions (if applicable), management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the fund facts or prospectus of the relevant mutual fund before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Distributions are not guaranteed and are subject to change and/or elimination. For a summary of the risks of an investment in BMO Mutual Funds, please see the specific risks set out in the prospectus.
BMO Mutual Funds are managed by BMO Investments Inc., which is an investment fund manager and a separate legal entity from Bank of Montreal.
BMO Global Asset Management is a brand name under which BMO Asset Management Inc. and BMO Investments Inc. operate.
®/™ Registered trademarks/trademark of Bank of Montreal, used under licence.